I have baked a lot of choc chip cookies in my time and this has to be the best recipe I have come across. I picked it from a magazine at the dentist, hairdresser or some place like that.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- !/2 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Self Raising Flour
- !/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 185g butter melted and cooled
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 1 egg yolk beaten lightly
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g Dark Choc Chips
Preheat oven to 160 Deg C fan forced (180 Deg C). Line 2-3 baking trays. Add butter, eggs, vanilla extract, flours and nuts – mix to a soft dough. Stir in Chocolate. Roll 2 level tablespoon of into balls – place 5cm apart. Bake for 15 mins or until browned lightly.