This is a nice alternative for xmas. I used a mix of beef and pork for this recipe, because that is all I had in my freezer.
- 1 large red onion finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 500g lean pork mince
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small red chilli fine chipped
- 3 tsp hot mango chutney ( you can buy this in most supermarkets)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- generous handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Oil for frying
Combine all ingredients, season and mix together. (If you have a food processor you can use that). With damp hands, form the mixture into 8 patties, then chill for 10 mins to firm up. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with mango salsa.
- 1 large mango, peeled and flesh chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- a couple of pinches of brown sugar
- 1 small chilli seeded and chopped.
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
In a bowl combine lemon juice, sugar, chilli and coriander and let it stand. Before serving add mango – give it a gentle toss and serve.