I said this was the best breakfast bars I have ever baked. I picked up this recipe from an Aldi pamphlet.
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruit roughly chopped ( I used dates, figs and apricots)
- 1 cup trail mix
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp natural sweetener – Stevia or Equal
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- extra cranberries and pepita seeds to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 deg C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and honey to a saucepan and stir over low heat until the butter has melted and mixture has combined.
- Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and stir.
- Press mixture into a greased lined 18cm x 27cm slice tin.
- Scatter and press extra cranberries and pepita seeds over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before transferring to fridge and allowing to set.
- Cut into bars or squares before serving.