I said this was the best breakfast bars I have ever baked. I picked up this recipe from an Aldi pamphlet.
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruit roughly chopped ( I used dates, figs and apricots)
- 1 cup trail mix
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp natural sweetener – Stevia or Equal
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- extra cranberries and pepita seeds to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 deg C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and honey to a saucepan and stir over low heat until the butter has melted and mixture has combined.
- Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and stir.
- Press mixture into a greased lined 18cm x 27cm slice tin.
- Scatter and press extra cranberries and pepita seeds over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before transferring to fridge and allowing to set.
- Cut into bars or squares before serving.
My husband’s favourite…..this is definitely something I make with a lot of love.
- 180g butter melted
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 60g plain flour
- 120g Almond Meal
- 5 Egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup blueberries
Heat oven 200 deg C. Sift icing sugar and flour in a bowl then add almond meal. Lightly beat egg whites with fork until bubbles form and fold into dry ingredients. Don’t over mix. Add butter and zest.
Butter friand tins well. (10 large or 15-20 small). Fill mould 3/4 full and top with berries.
Cook in over 9 minutes then turn and cook for further 9 minutes. Leave in mould for 5 minutes before turning out. Dust with icing sugar before serving if you wish.
The is a recipe from a Women’s Weekly book. The original recipe used Hazelnut meal, I didn’t have it so I replaced it with Almond Meal and it was divine. Serve it warmed up with ice cream or cream or as is.
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 150g dark eating chocolate, melted
- 150g butter, melted
- 11/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, extra
Preheat oven to moderate . Grease deep 19cm square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper.
Blend cocoa with hot water in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chocolate, butter, sugar, almond meal and egg yolks.
Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
Pour mixture into pan, bake about 1 hour or until firm. Stand cake 15 minutes, turn topside up onto wire rack to cool.
Dust with sifted icing sugar or cocoa.