For the pastry
For the filling
- 225g middle bacon rashers, diced
- 4 leeks
- 6 eggs
- 115g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp mild mustard
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, and rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and just enough water to combine the dough. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C. Roll out the pastry thinly and use to line 6-8 tartlet tins or a 28cm tart dish. Remove any air pocket and prick the base with a fork. Line the pastry loosely with baking paper, weigh down with baking beans and bake the pastry shell blind for 15 minutes or until golden.
- To make the filling, cook the bacon in a hot pan until crisp. Add the leeks and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until just softening. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream cheese, mustard, cayenne pepper and seasoning together, then add the leeks and bacon.
- Remove the paper and baking beans from the tartlet tins or tart dish, pour in the filling and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Serve warm with a small salad.